Over the years, we have provided subcontract IT support to customers who may not be geographically close to their customers, provide IT support from a head office elsewhere, or just need additional or specialist IT skills for a project.
Subcontract IT support - how it works
Every situation is different, but generally speaking, if you need our skills for subcontract IT support, the process is as follows:
- After an initial discussion with you over the phone, we will provide an indication of the time required to complete the task
- If appropriate, we can contact your customer directly to discuss the issue in more detail. We are happy to do this "badged" as a member of your team
- We are happy to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement if required
- If you would like us to attend, we will organise a suitable date and time
- When attending site, we can be "badged" as a member of your team, or as ourselves
- If you have a job sheet to be filled in, this can be carried out on site and signed by your customer
- We would normally take photos of the work carried out, for your records
- Before leaving, we would check with your customer if they would like an explanation of the work we've done
- On returning to the office, we would email you a report of the work taken place, a copy of the job sheet (if relevant) and any photos taken whilst on site
...however, this is just a suggestion. We can work to your internal process if the above is not suitable.
If you'd like to discuss how we might be able to assist you, please give us a call.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have provided assistance for a wide variety of companies over the years, including:
- Nationwide companies with a central IT support team and offices spread around the country that would be too time consuming to attend
- Telcoms companies with business customers experiencing connectivity or networking issues
- IT companies requiring additional assistance and skills for a particular project
- Companies wishing to have an independent third party IT expert to critique project proposals from another provider
However, if you don't fit into one of these categories, we'd still be delighted to help!
Depending on the "ground rules" you agree with us, we are happy to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement and to be "badged" as a member of your team. We can also fill in your own job sheet. Unless agreed, we will not provide your customer with our direct contact details and all invoices and documentation would be sent directly to you.
In essence, we can act as a member of your team to whatever extent is appropriate for your business.