Microsoft have updated Windows 10 with an update known as the "Anniversary update". This update disables the .NET 3.5 Framework which Sage Accounts requires to run.
Splash screen disappears / no login box
If you try to open Sage Accounts, the splash screen appears and then disappears - no login prompt appears. The fix is to:
- Press the Windows key and X on your keyboard
- Choose Control Panel
- Click onto "Programs and Features"
- Click "Turn Windows features on or off"
- Tick the box next to Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
- Press OK and choose "Download files from Windows Update"
- If you are prompted to restart, do so
Once you've re-enabled the .NET Framework 3.5, Sage Accounts should now open.
Alternatively, if your splash screen appears, but when logging in, you see the message "Sage 50 Accounts - You have entered an invalid password", a different fix is needed:
- Download the file from Sage: http://downloads.sage.co.uk/download/?did=ca1783eb-61e2-4bae-a317-01cb9637de06
- Run the download - a Command Prompt with a progress bar appears. This may take a few minutes
- When complete, you'll see a message stating "Press any key to exit" - press a key and restart your computer
You should now be able to login to Sage Accounts successfully.