We've just experienced an issue with Sage Accounts and Outlook no longer speaking with each other when you try to send invoices by email. Normally, clicking the "Email" button would setup a draft in Outlook with the invoice attached. In this particular case, Sage Accounts would crash with a message such as "SBDDesktop.exe has stopped working".
The PC causing the issue was running:
- Windows 10
- Microsoft Office 2013
- Sage Accounts 2013
The fix was as follows:
- Close Outlook and Sage Accounts
- Open the folder that Sage is installed into (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Sage\Accounts)
- Locate the Sage executable file Sage.exe
- Right click and choose Properties
- Click Compatibility
- Change Compatibility Mode to run as Windows 8
- Restart Sage and Outlook
Fingers crossed, that should work. There is a possible alternative solution on the Sage website.